Monday, March 2, 2009

art project

I find the hour between 4 and 5 PM the hardest to entertain Addie. We are both getting hungry for dinner and generally ready for the day to end and the evening with Justin to begin. Yesterday was an exception. We completed an impromptu craft project that consumed the hour and then some, we were having so much fun. I pulled out magazines, Addie pointed at the pictures she wanted "cut", I put glue on the backs of the pictures, and she placed them on the paper for a collage. I was really impressed that she took time with each picture to decide where she wanted it to go. I thought for sure the final product would be a big mess of gluey photos on top of one another but instead she created a really great picture. The best part was proudly displaying it for Daddy to admire when he got home. It also helped Addie with her words when she pointed out the pictures and described what they were "puppy, cat, bum, choo choo, Pooh, shoes, teddy bear, Mickey Mouse, etc." it was pretty impressive. Over the past few days she's also spewed out the words "heart, dance, come, car seat, fix, pillow, bubble, ouch, fall, jump, pool, mango, cup, balloon, cool, dude, so pretty, party, and plenty more I can't think of. I think the language explosion has hit. Every day it's new words. It's also been interesting finding out the words that I use often and she's picked up on it. I never realized home much I say "okay" to Addie. I tend to put it at the end of sentences to ask her if she understands what I'm saying. For example: "We are going to have lunch, read a book, then go take a nap; okay?" She now responds to most things I say with "k". For Justin it was "yeah" we never noticed how much he said it until Addie started favoring that word as a response and says it with the exact same inflections as her Dad.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So cool. She really does have an eye for placement. I love all the puppy pictures.

Terry said...

A budding artist. I too, love the puppy pictures.
XOXO