Thursday, February 5, 2009

antique shopping-Philippines

I treated myself to a few adult hours with a friend this morning. Jenny and I did some antique shopping at an unassuming warehouse type building filled to the brim with old and new treasures. There were lots of beautiful furniture, tons of old Asian treasures and a few random new things thrown in to give us laughs. My favorite "antique" was the red cake plate with a reindeer painted on it. Second favorite were all the Jack-o-lantern treasures. Halloween isn't widely celebrated here so I guess they consider those things rare. I really like a few items, one being a set of Fire King jade-ite oval dinner plates. I totally fell in love with these plates (or maybe they were small platters). Being that they were made in the USA the price was jacked up. Knowing nothing about Fire King I passed on the Php 1,800 ( $40) per plate price. Still thinking about them though-I guess that's how you know you really liked something. Anyway, I did bring home this fun bamboo ladder that now proudly displays Addie's beautiful baby quilt made my her Great Aunt Mary K. I have visions of this ladder displaying everything from throw blankets, Christmas ornaments, and magazines, to fluffy bath towels and vintage table cloths. Totally fun.

No comments: