Friday, November 4, 2011

count down

We knew all along that we would be bringing our new daughter into the world among some major transition for our family. The count down to moving to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia began the moment she was born. At 40 weeks pregnant I was torn between wanting Ashlynn to arrive already so I didn't have to be pregnant any longer, and her staying put so we as a family could stay put in America a little longer.We have roughly 5 weeks before we have to pack up and move to our new home in Africa and I'm panicking a little bit about all that needs to be done but cannot possibly done with a newborn, a two and a half year old and a four and a half year old.We knew that we wouldn't have much time in America to repatriate and enjoy being Americans. We knew that we probably wouldn't be allowed to stay at home with family for Christmas. We knew all these things and yet I am having a really hard time processing the upcoming move and all it's inevitable transitions for my children and myself. We've only gotten settled here in Virginia. I knew I'd feel this way and still it's hard.
5 weeks and counting.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I can only imagine how difficult this move will be for all if you. You will find the strength to get everything done, I'm sure of it! I wish I was there to help you. Just remember to breathe! Love you all!!

Heather P. said...

I know this is a bittersweet time for your family. Enjoy the days you have left here, and take one day at a time to get stuff done. If there is anything we can do, even if it is take the girls to the park for an afternoon so you and Justin can get stuff done, let us know! Love, love the pictures of your 3 beautiful girls -:).

Elyse said...

This made me tear up Sara! We have enjoyed every second we have been able to be with you guys and I hope so much that the next two and a half years go just as fast as the last three did. We love you and we will miss you all!!!