Thursday, May 21, 2009

how mama got her groove back-sort of

After babies I desperately feel the need to give myself a make over This time around I feel even more impatient to have my body back as soon as possible. Pregnancy brings out the frump in me. Big huge jeans and oversized shirts; plus ugly comfortable shoes all for the sake of reproduction. I'm fine with it for the 40 weeks. Afterwards, I need to get my groove back asap. Today I cut my hair. I desperately needed it done. Bella was getting her fingers wrapped in it and I had been wanting a new style for awhile (but trying to avoid short hair while big and pregnant). Pony tails have been my friend for a long long time. Yesterday, Megan graciously accompanied me and the girls to the Nordstrom Rack for a few minutes (exactly 30 min before Addie pooped her pants, wanted out of her stroller, and was on the verge of a meltdown) of shoe shopping. I never have a hard time finding shoes I like so I found a pair even in the short time I had to look. Buying new impractical shoes felt glorious after almost a year of no desire to shop for my big pregnant self. I'm slowly getting my groove back and it feels good. Now I just need a hot date with my gorgeous husband and a glass of wine. All in time I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Schwing!

Kristin said...

The hair looks super cute! You didn't have a problem last time getting your groove back, so it won't be a problem this time!