Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Great American Haircut

I had my second haircut since my daughter was born today. I used to be diligent about cutting my hair every six weeks before I became a mother. For the last few months I relied on the wet pony tail or messy knot and I couldn't take it any longer. I was planning on trimming it a few inches so a ponytail could be my fall-back on busy mornings. Last night I ended up watching Oprah's Great American Haircut Part Two I dvr'd from Thursday for inspiration. I love before and after makeover shows. I guess I was inspired because by the time I sat down with my lovely Ethiopian stylist Muron, I was ready to let her cut most of my
hair off. I love the results, it's very safe but flirty too. Then I was
recalling that one of Oprah's guest stylists told the audience and viewers to look beyond the typical "soccer mom bob". Hmmm? I wonder if he'd endorse my new cut. Oh well, I'm not really wondering too hard.

1 comment:

Emily said...

sis~ it looks so cute! I am thinking of changing my hair too, maybe dying it darker a cutting it a bit, but who knows. Your haircut doesn't look anything like a "mom" haircut! Love you