Wednesday, April 3, 2013

all in the details

This weekend I am catering my first large-ish brunch for a friend/client of mine.  I have a whole slew of food and sweets I am making this week in preparation for her big delivery.  One thing I am excited about doing are the treat bags for the children's take-away party gift.  All the kids get a little bag of homemade caramel corn as a thank you.
I couldn't stop at just bagging the caramel corn.  For me parties are all about the little details.  The pretty appetizer plates, labeled drinks or personalized napkins.  I love adding small do-it-yourself details to my parties.

For the caramel corn bag I made little thank you tags with stamped green bees to go with my friend's Hungry Caterpillar/bug theme for her son's first birthday.  Once again baker's twine really tied it all together (pun intended)!  I am obsessed with the versatility of baker's twine.

No comments: